What experience do I have with PS Vita?
I bought it on the release day and since then I’ve played a LOT.
I’ve gone through much of these three games:
- Super Stardust Delta
- Mutant Blobs Attack!
- WipeOut 2048
What other portable game players do I have to compare it to?
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo 3DS
Summary of what I like about PS Vita:
- Battery Life is very good.
- Controls are very easy to use
- Graphics are fantastic
- If you’re wondering, I enjoyed the downloaded games so much more than the cartridge game, particularly, Mutant Blobs Attack!, which I could barely put down.
Cool VITA features I don’t use
The Back touch panel was a problem for me with Super Stardust Delta so I changed the game mode.
Accelerometer turns VITA on during commute, burning batteries, so I turn off that feature
Both Cameras: I won’t be taking pictures with VITA and I don’t want to see anyone else so I hope you don’t use the camera either!
- Screen –- fingerprint hog, even with screen protector
- Near Feature — not as well refined as the Nintendo system for finding friends nearby
- Unit 14 demo (and others) does not utilizes all the cool functions of VITA like I wish it did. Hopefully, the games do… I’m not sure yet.
- All the Sony propriety stuff is obnoxious, for example, unlike the 3DS, docking station must be purchased separate and its workmanship is cheap.
Sony vs Nintendo
- I love the PS Vita and I’ve played it more in a couple weeks than I’ve played on Nintendo 3DS in the year since it came out.
- The games on Nintendo 3DS seem to be old games in origin and graphics. I like new games, creative games like Mutant Blobs Attack.
- Nintendo is very good for kid-friendly games and seems more rugged to me than the 3DS The games are better for me on the Vita.
My advice to Sony:
Focus on the product and the end users rather than just trying to make money and keep everything tightly proprietary.
My advice to you:
If you’re looking for a next generation gaming device for older teens and up, PS VITA is the way to go. Younger, consider Nintendo’s 3DS.
Super Gadget Guy